Have troubles with your water heater?
A water heater is an important feature in any home. It ensures that your water is the right temperature for bathing and other household activities. If you’ve noticed that your water is too hot or too cold, or there are odd sounds coming from your water heater, it may be time to bring in a professional.
Water Heater Repair
When you notice that your water heater isn’t functioning properly, you’ll need to call in a plumber to check things out. A broken water heater can have lasting effects and lead to some considerable damage. Signs that your water heater needs some TLC include:
- Water dripping from the heater, a puddle of water under the heater, or signs of water damage around it, could signal a leak.
- Clanking or boiling noise coming from the device when water is heating up.
- Rust build-up or a metallic odor with hot water.
- Water does not get hot, or takes a long time to heat up.
- You only get a limited amount of hot water or no hot water at all.
All of these are warning signs that maintenance is needed in order to avoid additional damage to the unit or your home. Usually, a plumber can fix these problems and get your water heater back up and running. If the water heater is no longer functional, then it may be time for a replacement.
When it’s time to replace your water heater, you’ll have a number of types to choose from. Here are the most popular:
- Traditional tank storage water heater – Typically the most affordable water heater, this type has a tank where water is heated and held until it is used. If you need more water than what is in the tank, you may end up using it all and have to wait until more hot water is replenished.
- Tankless water heater – This type heater uses a heat exchange to heat water as you use it. You do need to ensure that you have the right size for your home and family size so that it can keep up with your water usage.
- Heat pump water heater – This device will use heat in the air to warm the water. It uses much less electricity than other heater types but can be expensive. They also do not work well in basements that are cold, or in chilly climates. It’s also worth noting that many energy companies offer rebates to help offset the cost of installing a heat pump water heater.
- Solar power water heater – This device utilizes solar power for heating water. They can save on energy costs and are more environmentally friendly, but of course, can be expensive. The Federal Government even offers tax credits for installing solar water heaters as an incentive.
If you do need a replacement water heater, you’ll want an experienced plumber to get the job done. At Justin Dorsey Plumbing, we have decades of experience, so you can be sure you’re getting the highest quality installation services.
Contact Justin Dorsey Plumbing for water heater repair and installation!